Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal published online in accordance with the Creative Commons BY ND 3.0 license, which means that, in accordance with the Recommendations of the Budapest Open Access Initiative (http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/boai-10-recommendations), all content is immediately and freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. The authors are given full control over the integrity of their work. When reproducing and/or distributing and/or using in their own research the users are obliged to properly acknowledge the authorship of the texts and properly cite.
Publishing free of charge and text editing charges
We do not charge fees for submission of text to the review, preparation for publication and publication of articles.
ATTENTION: Text editing charges may apply
Once evaluated by the reviewers and accepted for publication, each text is sent back to its author/s for final corrections, additions and amendments. At this stage the author(s) are obliged to adjust the text in accordance with the guidelines if they have not already done so. If the text submitted as corrected one does not meet the requirements set out in the guidelines, it will be sent for editing. As the journal is no longer financially supported by the external agencies, the text editing charges will be borne by authors. The estimated cost of editing one publishing sheet (40,000 characters with spaces) is PLN 120 (approx. EUR 25).
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
As the Editorial Board and the Scientific Council aim at maintaining the highest quality of the scientific papers published in „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders”, they make sure that all the intellectual rights are observed and the reliability of the content of the papers published in the journal is maintained in accordance with the ethical standards established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) at all stages of the reviewing process. These standards determine the final and unquestionable rules of the reviewing process and editing of the manuscripts. The Editorial Board and the Scientific Council of „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” declare that compliance with the rules is not influenced by any relations with the sphere of business.
In accordance with the above, the following duties of all parties engaged in the reviewing process have been established:
I. DUTIES OF REVIEWERS
The reviewers of the manuscripts submitted to „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” are obliged to:
- Review the manuscripts in a meticulous and objective way according to the ethical standards and avoid all non-scientific criticism;
- Endeavour to improve the scientific value of the reviewed manuscripts;
- Withdraw from the reviewing process if they do not feel competent in the field the article is written in or there is a conflict of interests with the author of the manuscript;
- Inform the editors in case of breach of ethical standards of the reviewed manuscripts, including mostly plagiarism and autoplagiarism;
- Abide by the rules of confidentiality of information connected with the reviewing process.
II. DUTIES OF AUTHORS
The authors of the manuscripts submitted for reviewing in „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” are obliged to:
- Ensure that all submitted manuscripts are original and authentic;
- Ensure that all manuscripts have not been submitted for review in other scientific journals;
- Cooperate with the editors in the reviewing and editing process of the manuscripts under review;
- Disclose information on any previous publishing of the paper, if it is a full or part reprint;
- Disclose sources of funding of the research whose results are presented in the manuscripts;
- Disclose a complete list of authors of the manuscripts;
- Obtain consent for the publication of other copyrighted elements of the manuscript (e.g. illustrations, photos);
- Disclose information about a potential conflict of interests which can take place in the reviewing and editing process of the manuscripts;
- Expressing the wish to publish a paper in „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” is tantamount to agreeing to points 1 and 2.
III. DUTIES OF EDITORIAL BOARD
The members of the editorial board of „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” are obliged to:
- Make decisions regarding the publication of the manuscripts only on the basis of their intellectual content, without regard to ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, sex, citizenship and political philosophy of the authors;
- Make objective decisions regarding the acceptance of the manuscripts for publishing and notify the authors of the manuscripts together with the justification;
- Provide information about the reviewing process of the manuscripts on the webpage;
- Maintain full anonymity in the process of reviewing the manuscripts and not disclose the contents of the review to a third party;
- Withdraw from the editing process in case of conflicts of interests with the author;
- Inform the authors about any suggestions for changes in their manuscripts excluding layout and grammatical and typographic mistakes.
IV DUTIES OF SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL
The members of the Scientific Council of „Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders” are obliged to:
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding publication of scientific texts only on the basis of their scientific value;
- Care for compliance with the standards, mission, and strategy of the journal on the part of the Editorial Board;
- Inform the editorial board about the possibility of a conflict of interest.
The journal is digitally archivized on the server of the Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (website).
Abstracting and Indexing Services
"Ordines Militares Colloquia Torunensia Historica. Yearbook for the Study of the Military Orders" is included in the following abstracting/indexing services: