Accidental consumption of mercury by 3 year-old child - case report
AbstractConsumption of mercury can be accidental or on purpose. The article presents a case of a 3 yo child’s word patient after accidental consumption of mercury contained in the thermometer used to check the body temperature of body during infection. The medical examination showed viral infection, routine laboratory diagnostic was carried out – without damaging internal organs and picture diagnostic which confirmed the presence of intensely saturated radiological shades which may correspond to mercury drops in digestive truck. After 3 days of observation in children's ward, no signs of poisoning were found and the patient was sent home. Despite the withdrawal from production and sale within the European Union, thermometers with mercury are still in widespread use because of lack of social awareness of the harmful effects of mercury on human body and the environment.
How to Cite
The periodical offers access to content in the Open Access system under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
Number of views and downloads: 137
Number of citations: 0