Analysis of knowledge on bridge cancer among women living in rural and urban areas
Keywordshealth knowledge, breast cancer, prophylaxis.
As a result of the changing demographic structure of society in Poland, ie the increase in the number of people aged 65 and over. As well as increasing exposure to carcinogens, the number of cancers and cancer deaths is increasing. Every woman showing concern for her own health and life should have knowledge about early detection methods of breast cancer as well as factors that contribute to its development. This conviction led to a series of studies aimed at verifying the level of knowledge of urban and rural populations in the area of breast cancer: prevention, early detection, prevention, and identification of sources of knowledge on the subject.
Purpose of research
The aim of the study was to determine the level of knowledge of women, rural and urban dwellers on breast cancer.
Materials and Methods
The study was conducted among 116 women living in Lublin Voivodship in 2015. Among 66 women surveyed (56.9%) came from the city, while the remaining 50 (43.1%) were rural residents. Selected research method was questionnaire survey of its own author.
Analysis of the results of the study shows that both women living in rural and urban areas have a high level of knowledge about breast cancer. Both groups are well aware of the risk factors for breast cancer. Women have the optimal knowledge of the area of breast cancer prevention. They often do not use it in practice or do so only when they notice disturbing symptoms. The main source of women's knowledge about breast cancer is the mass media. This implies the need to increase the participation of medical staff in educational activities.
How to Cite
The periodical offers access to content in the Open Access system under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
Number of views and downloads: 263
Number of citations: 0