Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This text has not been previously published and/or submitted in another publishing house.
- The file is saved in Microsoft Word (doc) or RTF format.
- The text of the publication is in Times New Roman (12-point font size), spacing 1,5 (for long block quotations: Times New Roman 11 and spacing 1,0).
- Possible sources of the work funding are listed in the publication in a place required by editorial rules. In the submitted work there appear no ghostwriting, guest-authorship and/or conflict of interest. The author is acquainted with the current procedures of texts’ reviewing in the journal.
- The author agrees to the terms and conditions of the License Agreement with Nicolaus Copernicus University. The content of the agreement is available HERE. With regard to the joint publication, the author submitting an article for publication fills in a statement concerning the percentage contribution, in which the contributions of particular co-authors in the submitted text are given. The content of the work is known to all its authors who give permission for it to be published. The completed statement must be uploaded as an additional file along with the article.
- All not-Latin references have been transliterated into Latin script
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All manuscripts must be submitted as a Word for Windows .doc .docx or .rtf file.
- The essays should generally be no longer than 40.000 characters with spaces (including References and Appendices).
- The manuscripts must be carefully proof-read, ideally by a native speaker of English.
- It is highly recommended to do a follow-up machine-assisted check for spelling, grammar and style, e.g. using the MS Word “spelling and grammar” check, see:
Checking spelling and grammar (PL version) Ways to check spelling and grammar (EN version)
- provide the names, affiliations, and email addresses of all the authors,
- provide a short (ca. 150 words) abstract,
- provide 5-10 keywords. Include both specialised and general-interest keywords.
- Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be processed.
Manuscripts are submitted electronically via Open Journal System (OJS). Firstly, please go through a short registration process and then log-in and follow the steps to submit your manuscript.
Should you encounter any problems with your submission please contact the Assistant Editor:
Center for Language Evolution Studies (CLES)
Nicolaus Copernicus University
87-100 Toruń, POLAND
By creating an account in the profile of the journal, I also agree to receive notifications via e-mail. Newsletters will inform about the publication of new issues of the journal or other matters related to the journal's activity.
Nicolaus Copernicus University fully respects the right to privacy and protection of personal data of all authors. The authors’ personal data is not used for commercial and/or marketing purposes.