About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The main aim of the Bulletin of Geography. Physical Geography Series, founded in 2009, is to present scientific findings in physical geography and related subjects. The journal covers the following fields/area: climatology, geomorphology, glaciology, hydrology, soil-science, biogeography and research methods in physical geography, with an emphasis on Poland, Europe, and polar regions. The BGPGS is indexed, among others, in: Scopus, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Thomson Reuters Master Journal List and Web of Science Core Collection. The best two articles published each year receive an Extra Marketing promotion on the Internet and in the media.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- multidisciplinary journal;
- peer-reviewed by two-three reviewers, including at least one international expert
- high level of research (only original papers published) and edition;
- important source of up-to-date research in field of physical geography;
- both printed and electronic versions available;
- free of charge access;
- high level of science;
- peer-reviewed byacknowledged international and national experts;
- fast process of reviewing and editing;
- language correction by native speaker;
- clear and simple editing rules;
- color printing available;
Bulletin of Geography. Physical Geography Series is funded by the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. For this reason, publication in the Journal is free of charge.
Average time taken for preliminary evaluation of article: 2 days
Average time taken for review of manuscript: 21 days
Average time taken for publication of article: 111 days
Peer Review Process
1. Each submitted manuscript is evaluated by at least two independent reviewers, one of them being from an organisation whose nationality is different from that of the author(s). The type of review is a double-blind review, and none of the reviewers can be members of the editorial board of Bulletin.
2. None of the reviewers knows the identity of the other. They are also obliged to sign a statement to declare that there is no conflict of interest between them and the auth or(s).
3. The review must be made in writing and include an unambiguous conclusion as to the acceptance or rejection o f the manuscript for print.
4. Each manuscript written in good English and given at least two favorable reviews is accepted for publication.
5. A list of contributing reviewers is provided on the title page of the Bulletin and on this website.
In order to ensure the integrity of science the Editorial Team has introduced a Ghostwriting Barrier. It consists in the transparency of information as to the origin and development of a published article. The original author and/or the submitting author are obliged to provide details of the factual and material input of all authors and the source(s) of financing of the work (scient ific and research institutions, associations etc.) upon submitting of the manuscript. If any indications of a lack of integrity in science or academic dishonesty should be found, including in particular non - compliance with the ethical principles of scientific research, which covers ghostwriting and guest authorship (an opposite form of ghostwriting), the Editors will be obliged to notify relevant parties (institutions employing authors, scientific associations etc.).
More information about ghostwriting can be found, for example on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwriter (in English) or on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science (in Polish) - Ministerstwo Edukacji i Nauki - Portal Gov.pl (www.gov.pl).
Open Access Policy
The journal offers access to the contents in the open access system on the principles of license Creative Commons (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Dear readers and authors. Please be advised that the articles published before the 22nd Issue are licensed under the CC BY NC ND license - it is out of date, from the 22nd issue all articles are published under the CC BY NC license.
This is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution.
Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Users may not derive any financial benefit from the content published in the Bulletin.
This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Editorial Advisory Board
Leon ANDRZEJEWSKI, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland
Rudolf BRAZDIL, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Renata BEDNAREK, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland
Ryszard K. BORÓWKA, University of Szczecin, Poland
Raymond S. BRADLEY, University of Massachusetts, USA
Luise GIANI, Carl-von-Ossietzky University in Oldenburg, Germany
Andrey GLAZOVSKY, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Martin GROSJEAN, University of Bern, Switzerland
Hassan IBOUH, Cadi Ayyad University, Marocco
Jacek JANIA, University of Silesia, Poland
Kestutis KILKUS, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Jacek MAJOROWICZ, University of Alberta, Canada
Wieslaw MASLOWSKI, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
Mikhail A. NAUMENKO, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Tadeusz NIEDŹWIEDŹ, University of Silesia, Poland
Jan A. PIOTROWSKI, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Vladimir E. ROMANOVSKY, University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
Andrzej SADURSKI, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland
Olga SOLOMINA, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Petru URDEA, University Timişoara, Romania
Wojciech WYSOTA, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland
List of reviewers
Abstracting and Indexing Services
Bulletin of Geography. Physical Geography Series is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Bibliografia Geologiczna Polski
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- Current Geographical Publications
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Engineering Village
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals
- Series and Publishers
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)