About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Translational Research in Veterinary Science is an open access, peer reviewed journal that publishes all aspects of -omics research in the field of veterinary science. Translational Research in veterinary science is an International multi-disciplinary journal publishing original articles, reviews and short communications of a high scientific and ethical standard in all aspects of multi- and inter- disciplinary veterinary and biomedical research.
Interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary in scope, it aims to expedite the translation of scientific discovery into new or improved standards of care and promotes a wide-ranging exchange between basic, pre-clinical, clinical, epidemiologic, and health outcomes research. Translational Research in Veterinary Science encourages submission of studies describing non-clinical and clinical veterinary science researches with potential for application to animal production, disease control and prevention or healthcare policy.
The journal encourages papers providing results that have clear implications on genetic improvement of livestock in terms of animal production and disease control, as well as those dealing with a comparative biomedical approach, which represents a substantial improvement to animal and human health.
Studies without a robust scientific hypothesis or that are preliminary, or of weak originality, as well as negative results, are not appropriate for the journal. Furthermore, observational approaches, case studies or field reports lacking an advancement in general knowledge do not fall within the scope of the journal.
Why subscribe and read
- a wide array of high quality original articles
- a full database of up-to-date research results in veterinary science
- a platform for exchanging ideas between the scientists from many countries of the World
- the Advisory Council, distinguished scientists from different countries and from research centres (universities and scientific institutes)
- The articles of both domestic and foreign authors are always up-to-date, original, never printed before in other scientific publications, fulfill high scientific standards, and have very good educational value
- The articles are published after double-blind peer review provided by minimum two subject experts (including foreign ones). The reviews are anonymous, neither author nor reviewer knows the other's identity
- The rejection rate of articles amounts to approximately …%
- All articles have language assistance for authors from non-English speaking countries
- The editors provide fast route for the publication process and full access to APCZ e-technology
Peer Review Process
Peer Review procedure includes:
- The formal assessment and preliminary evaluation of the paper by the editorial board.
- The external publishing review - For the evaluation of each article at least two independent reviewers from the outside the unit are appointed. The evaluation is carried out in accordance with the principle of double anonymity of the reviewer and the author of the article (double-blind review).
- The review must be made in writing and include an unambiguous conclusion as to the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript for print.
- Each manuscript written in good English and given at least two favorable reviews is accepted for publication.
- A list of contributing reviewers is provided on the TR in VS journal website.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Prof. Bhanu P. Chowdhary, UAE
Prof. Haja Kadarmideen, Denmark
Prof. Pramod K Mathur, Hellevoetsluis, Netherlands
Prof. Klaus-Peter Brüssow, The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN), Dummerstorf, Germany
Prof. Ming Zhang, Guangxi University,Nanning, Guangxi 530004, PR China
Prof. Yang-Qing Lu, Guangxi University,Nanning, Guangxi 530004, PR China
Prof. Xiangyang Miao, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, 100193, PR China