Realizing EU ETS Monitoring and Compliance in Poland
KeywordsEU Emissions Trading System, Poland, monitoring, compliance, legal implementation
The success of the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) as a whole depends on proper national monitoring and compliance mechanisms in each of the 31 participating States. This article will focus on the legal and practical realization of an EU ETS monitoring and compliance system in Poland - being one of the EU member States where the gradual realization of the EU ETS system is meeting strong political resistance.
Keywords: EU Emissions Trading System, Poland, monitoring, compliance, legal implementation
- M. Jaś, ‘Greenhouse gas emission allowance trading scheme in the Polish law’, Polish yearbook of Environmental law, No, 2 (2012), pp. 99-117.
- L. Karski, ‘Climate law in Poland towards an overall regulation’, in: Climate Law in EU Member States, M. Peeters, M. Stallworthy, J. de Cendra de Larragán (eds.), Edward Elgar, 2012.
- P. Maliński, M. Sekuła, Podstawowe informacje o wspólnotowym systemie handlu uprawnieniami do emisji dla operatorów statków powietrznych, Warszawa, 2009.
- M. Stoczkiewicz, ‘The emission treading schema in Polish Law. Selected problems related to the scope of derogation form the general rule for auctioning in Poland’, Yearbook of Antitrust and Regulatory Studies, Vol. 2011, 4 (4), pp. 104-106.
- M. Stoczkiewicz: Black Paper. Implementation of EU Climate and Energy Law in Poland, 2012 pp. 12-19.
- Sandbag, Sharing the load – Poland’s coming of age on climate policy, 20 March 2014.
- EUI Florence, Study on the Division of Powers between the European Union, the Member States, and Regional and Local Authorities.
- European Commission, Green Paper on greenhouse gas emissions trading, 8 March 2000, COM/2000/87.
- IMPEL Report, Options and Proposals for Consistency in the Implementation of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme Report 4: Good Practice in Compliance and Enforcement, May 2007.
- Reports for the European Commission on the implementation of Directive 2003/87/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a scheme for greenhouse gas emission allowance trading by Poland for the years 2007 – 2012.
How to Cite
Number of views and downloads: 266
Number of citations: 0