About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The aim is to create a platform for scientific publications in the field
of medicine and medical sciences as well as providing the scientific world
with authors; own research results, presenting their theories about
problems in medicine and medical science in review articles.
Peer Review Process
1. For the evaluation of each article at least two independent reviewers from the outside the unit are appointed.
2. Authors and reviewers do not know each other's identities ('double-blind review process').
3. The review must be presented in a written form and should include an
unambiguous conclusion about acrticle's acceptance or rejection for
4. Rules concerning acceptance or rejection of the articles for
publication and possible reviewing form are public and available on the
journal's website or in each issue.
5. Names of reviewers of individual articles / issues are not disclosed;
the journal publishes a list of cooperating reviewers once a year.
Open Access Policy
The journal offers access to the contents in the open access system on the principles of non-exclusive license Creative Commons (CC BY-ND 3.0).
List of reviewers
- Marzena Dworacka
- Adam Dziki
- Gabriela Elminowska-Wenda
- Lidia Gil
- Alina Grzanka
- Wojciech Hagner
- Paweł Izdebski
- Ryszard Jabłoński
- Jędrzej Jaśkowski
- Kornelia Kędziora-Kornatowska
- Alicja Krakowska
- Andrzej Kukawa
- Anna Litwiniec
- Roman Makarewicz
- Andrzej Malinowski
- Grażyna Mierzwa
- Celestyna Mila-Kierzenkowska
- Roman Ossowski
- Małgorzata Pawłowska
- Ewa Pilaczyńska-Jodkiewicz
- Katarzyna Porzych
- Danuta Rość
- Maciej Śniegocki
- Maciej Świątkowski
- Adam Wichniak
- Bogdana Wilczyńska
- Zdzisława Wrzosek
- Ewa Żekanowska
Quarterly "Medical and Biological Sciences" is a continuation of Annales Academiae Medicae Bydgostiensis that has been issued since 1985. It presents peer-reviewed scientific articles on medical issues.