ECOLOGICAL QESTIONS publishes original research papers in English. Manuscripts are accepted provided that they have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. A cover letter verifying that have to accompany the manuscript. In the covering letter author is asked to give his affiliation, postal address, phone, fax and e-mail address for future correspondence. All manuscripts are peer reviewed by at least two independent referees in ca one month after submission. Papers accepted for publication by the editorial board are subject to editorial revision. Authors receive their article in pdf format soon after printing. The printed reprints will be not available. Copyright permission have to be obtained for any table, diagram or illustration already published elsewhere and aimed to be reproduced in the Author’s article in the same or slightly modified form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MANUSCRIPT PREPARATION
Manuscripts should be written in clear, concise and grammatically correct English (British or American English). The manuscript should be double-spaced with wide left margin. The use of 12-point serif type (Times New Roman) is recommended. The regular research paper should be no longer than 30 typescript pages including tables, figures and references. Research notes or short research contributions should be limited to 4-6 and 8-10 pages respectively.
Electronic submission of the manuscript is recommended by e-mail: email@example.com
The order of the matherial should be as follows:
- Title should be brief and informative
- Authors names and Surenames
- Institution(s) and the postal address, as well as e-mail of corresponding author
- Keywords not more than 7, not including items appearing in the title
- Abstract should be self explanatory not longer than one page. The general context, authors hypothesis, methods, main results and conclusions should be included.
- Abbreviations (if any) and Nomenclature listings when necessary
- Main text should be divided into sections: Introduction, Study area, Matherial and methods, Results nad Discussion. Within each main section two levels of subheadings are available.
- Ancknowledgements (if any) are placed in a separate paragraph, just before the list of references
- References should be listed in alphabetic order and presented in following form:
Piernik A., Nienartowicz A., Hulisz P. , 2007, Inland saline habitats in Poland and their protection, [in:] Salt Grasslands and Coastal Meadows, H. Czyż (ed), AR, Szczecin: 31-37.
Frey L., 1999b, Avenella - a genus of the Aveneae (Poaceae) worthy of recognition, Fragmenta Floristica et Geobotanica, Supplement 7, Kraków: 27-32
Hsiao C., Jacobs S. W. L., Chatterton N. J. & Assay K. H., 1999, A molecular phylogeny of the grass family (Poaceae) based on the sequences of ribosomal DNA (ITS), Australian Systematic Botany 11, Melbourne: 667-688.
Boiński M., 1988, Roślinność doliny rzeki Kulawej [Vegetation of river Kulawa valley], AUNC, Biologia 32, Nauki Mat. - Przyr. 69: 73-95.
- Appendix (if any),
- Tables should be self-explanatory. They should be cited in the text and numbered consecutively.
- Figures should be submitted in a format not exceeding A4 page and should not contain data already given in tables. They should be cited in the text and numbered consecutively. The captions should be selfexplanatory.
The manuscript with all corrections required by reviewers and editors should be send back within one month. Final version of figures should be prepared in separate files in tiff/jpg or bitmaps (resolution 300-600 DPI).
In the case of any question please contact editors of the journal.